Thursday, May 13, 2010

Grub: Turkey Melt Panini

I know, I know... it doesn't quite look like a healthy meal - take my word... it is!! I sort of combined a few recipes to come up with this hearty concoction. Eddie's reaction, "It tastes like a burger!" Right then, I knew he liked it and the idea of leftovers was slim. The best part is, there's so few ingredients and it took less than 20 minutes to prepare. Also, I finally brought out the panini maker... our sweet wedding gift from the padre-in-laws!!

Serves: 3
Ingredients:
Whole wheat English muffins
Indian or Spicy Relish
Deli-sliced oven-roasted turkey
Cheese of your choice - we used Muenster (cause I just can't get enough)
Red bell pepper
Spinach leaves

Prep:
1. Heat panini (or Foreman) grill. Cut bell pepper into long strips.
2. Slice muffin and spread relish on one side. Place spinach leaves and bell pepper on top of relish.
3. Top with 3 slices of turkey and cheese. Cover with top of muffin.
4. Place on grill until the cheese melts, bell pepper softens and muffin gets a tad crispy.

Voila!! I thought I could down more than one for sure... but surprise, surprise - these bad boys are quite filling! Again, a wonderful alternative to a not-so-healthy burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment