Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fab Find: The Yoga Sutras

Many of you know I love to read either during my classes or right before resting in Savasana. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali translated by Sri Swami Satchidananda is my go-to book for inspiration, motivation and peace. Sutra literally means a thread or a line that holds things together. Think of a string of pearls. I'll admit, I've never read the book straight through, it's rather deep. However, it provides great wisdom and knowledge as to how we as yogis should live our lives, interact with other beings, and learn to let go. The book is divided into four chapters: concentration, practice, progressing and liberation. These are very vague, so in order to see for yourself just how powerful this book is, I highly recommend adding it to your stash. Even if it's something you pick up every now and then. I guarantee, whatever passage you decide to read will have a lasting impact.

Price: $12.21 on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment