Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hymn to Full

I love that I have several close friends and SYL students who are along various stages of pregnancy. Came across this sweet poem while doing a little prenatal yoga research.... this one's for all the mommies and moms-to-be out there!

"Here is my hymn to the washing machine full of diapers full of fluorescent mustard baby poop. Here is a hymn for clogged milk ducts, bras stuffed with cabbage leaves, breasts bursting with nourishment.

Here is my hymn for hampers: seventy-five thousand shades of pink soaked in soured milk and baby pee. Here is my hymn to a full house, my hymn to clutter, my hymn to nothing ever gets done, not dishes, not floors, not groceries, not even poems.

Here is my hymn to calendars, full of doctor’s appointments: pediatric, obstetric, chiropractic.

Here is my hymn for my daughter, full of vigor and vitality, her belly round, her brain busy absorbing the world, one primary color, one consonant, one note, one face, one scent at a time. And finally, here is a hymn, the first hymn ever to my heart, who now knows how to overflow."

- Robin Merrell

I hope your heart is overflowing,
Kristal











Robin Merrill

1 comment: