Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday ~ Healthy Recipe - Banana Cookies

Eddie and I were graciously invited to an Oscar Night get together over the weekend and I thought to myself, "Sweet! An excuse to get my butt back in the kitchen!" I wanted to take something that would be quick, easy and well, sweet! Let me tell you, from what I hear - these Banana Cookies were a bigger hit than the show itself. Ahem... introducing Healthy Banana Cookies (recipe from allrecipes.com):

Ingredients: 
3 ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dates, pitted & chopped
1/3 cup vegetable oil (can substitute with apple sauce) 
1 teaspoon vanilla extraxt
I added a few pinches of cinnamon 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, dates, oil, and vanilla. Mix well, and allow to sit for 15 minutes. 

3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased (I sprayed a bit of Pam Olive Oil spray) cookie sheet. 

4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment